Inspired by Black Bottle in Seattle
1 or 2 heads of broccoli, depending on your need
freshly ground pepper
red pepper flakes (optional)
garlic powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees if you dare; 450 degrees if you’re squeamish.
2. Wash broccoli. Separate florets. Peel and slice stalks.
3. Toss florets and stalks in a bowl with olive oil (enough, but not too much; a couple of tablespoons), kosher salt, pepper. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and a couple of shakes of garlic power if you like.
4. Pre-heat a jellyroll pan in oven until super hot. Add broccoli bits. Cook 8-10 minutes. Remove and toss them about. Cook for another 8 minutes.
5. Enjoy your crispy, burny, ridiculously good Blasted Broccoli!